Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Love the Biggest Loser

I truly enjoy watching the Biggest Loser show. I find it so inspiring. The people on the show have to overcome so many obstacles. And they are not all physical either. Through my running I have discovered many things about myself. One major thing is that I can actually run. I was the dancer, growing up. I was certainly not the runner/athlete. I am becoming one though.

In watching the BL show, I see people like myself. They are taking the steps to become active. They are learning all about running, working out and nutrition as I am. I am learning when the right times to eat are. What things I can eat that make me feel more energetic during my runs. I have also become more aware of what I need to try to avoid.

I started on my journey seriously, after I had my fourth child. I had gained a decent amount of weight and was just surviving. At the time of our fourth childs birth and my second c-section nonetheless, Joe was a District Manager for The Home Depot in Richmond, Virginia. He worked Monday-Friday in Virginia. I found the easiest thing to feed the kids and myself for dinner. Usually no though was put into the healthyside of it. I had a new baby, a preschooler, an elementary schooler and a middle schooler. There was little to no time for myself, but I had to change that for all of us.

The exercise and running has made me a better person. I am so much more compassionate. It is a struggle and will always be. However, I truly believe that if I can do all that i am doing anyone can. I know there are some self-centered people that live by that in relation to me. However, I feel that we all have it in us. Don't get me wrong there are hard days. I strive to be a better athlete. I know this is a lifelong decision process. Rome wasn't built in one day ;).

There are so many people that inspire me like the BL people. There are Marathoners like the ones I am running with this weekend. The halfers I'm running with this weekend that are willing to run through snow. There are Ironmen like my friends husband. My husband who stuck with me during my last two halfs even though he runs a lot faster than me(Even though he was yelling at me for stopping and taking pictures.). They all have such drive. I feed off all that. I look at it kind of like what our moms used to say when we didn't want to eat our vegetables..."There are starving people in Africa that would kill for that brussel sprout." I have the physical and mental ability to run right now. I have no obstacles. As long as I do this properly, I too can run. I can run the New York City Marathon, but first I'm off to the Myrtle Beach Half-Marathon this weekend. Have a great weekend. Send me happy running vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment