Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Exercising While Away From Home

Sorry I haven't written much this past week. We started the week delivering flyers and geering up for the cupcake sale. If you didn't get a flyer(and live locally) you can print one, I can drop one off or you can just email us your order too. For all the details, visit the "Fundraising" page.

This past week we had a lst minute opportunity to join Joe on a business trip to Florida. We went very willingly. Anything to get to warmer weather. Joe was very busy the first three days so the kids, Grammie and myself enjoyed some time together. Having a workout plan and somewhat of a compulsiveness to working out now, it was a rather difficult week. I normally workout everyday except Sunday. This week being away from my normal gym and schedule, I was only able to squeeze in three. That was kind of torture. I was just too tired to do more. Don't get me wrong we swam, walked and were busy. However, it is so different than the gym. I did get in my long run too of 10 miles. Joe and I ran together in the Downtown Disney area.

You would think since Disney has several Half-marathons and a Full that they would have great areas to run a 10 miler. That would be wrong. We had no problem finding 2-2.5 mile loops but over that didn't exist. There aren't many sidewalks to link their many hotels so you can't keep going, so we did 4 loops around Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island and Saratoga Springs. It was cool because it was so empty. I've never seen a Disney area that empty. We then added the extra through the golf course to Old Key West.

It was an interesting run. It was hard running the paths with so many turns. I also had a little bit of muscle fatigue because I had done my interval run just the day before. Not the best planning. So this week should be interesting. I have less than two weeks until the Myrtle Beach Half-marathon. I need to do alot to make up for lazy week and slacking off. I am honestly more exhausted than when I left. Traveling with four kids in not a vacation. I think anyting that takes us out of our normal routine makes it harder to workout. I will say that running is one of the easier things to do on vacation as far as accessibility, however any exercise is difficult when away from your norml element.

I hope you find time in your "normal" element to take time for yourself. Whether that be exercise or something else, take some time for you!

And dont forget to order your cupcakes! Our goal is 40 half dozens...that will be $400 more for TFK!

No comments:

Post a Comment