Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Sunday, February 27, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

So this one definitely falls within the category "What was I thinking?". We were coerced(not really) about two months ago to do a Triathalon. To be more specific it will be our FIRST one. I think we knew from the get go that it was certainly going to be a challenge.

Both Joe and I, were not swimmers. We knew how to get to the edge of the pool and could rescue our kids if need be, but swimming a consecutive 750 meters in open waters is another story. Oh I didn't mention the open waters part did I...at least it will be in a lake. The swimming has been challenging but we are getting better every day. We have done laps equalling over 1300 meters, but that is with a few breaks. I just keep reminding myself that when I began running I could barely run for a quarter of a mile. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?

As for the biking, the clips have been the hardest part for me. Being strapped to a bike can be a little scarey. Even more so is riding next to cars on busy roads. I certainly have a new appreciation for people biking on the roads. I used to view them as a little bit of an annoyance(sorry to all the people that have been biking for years). They honestly aggravated me when I got stuck behind them; kind of like a tractor. Anyway, if you see me please don't get frustrated and certainly don't run me over ;). I am not worried about the 14 miles in the Tri though. They are supposedly on a flat course and the only traffic will be other speedy bikers. Besides I will probably be grinning from ear to ear after I complete the swim.

The running part is the easiest of the three for me. It has really been the focus of most of my exercising for the last two years and the biggest help for me on my quest to be a size 0. Wishful thinking after 4 kids. I will say it is certainly different running after riding on a bike for even just 10 miles.

Today we did our first brick. We rode 10 miles, then changed our shoes and ran for 3 miles. After which we treated ourselves to a coffee and walked the mile home chatting. It wasn't too bad. The coffee was great.

So we have over two months more to train. The main thing we both have to practice is our swimming. Its not that I cant doggie paddle, but I am certainly a perfectionist when it comes to myself. I also want to complete the tri. I dont want to drown. Its just so hard to fit it all in though. I have no idea how people train for Ironman races. It's just insane.
c
We are also not doing this to get any particular time. We are just planning on completing it. Period. So we are stepping out of our comfort zone and trying a tri. Funny huh? So try to step out of your comfort zone a little. Maybe even do a fundraiser race. The are so many 5k's out there and they are for such great causes. You don't have to run them either.

So what was I thinking? I was thinking you only live once. And who knows how long I will be able physically and mentally to do all this. Oh and we haven't forgotten about NYC. The biking and swimming are only helping my running. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment