Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Friday, January 14, 2011

Almost Haircut Time

So for one of our February fundraisers we, well I, have decided to donate my hair to "Locks of Love".  I have done this before.  About 2 1/2 years ago, after having Sophia I donated 12 inches of my hair.  This time it should be about the same amount.  However, I'm hoping to donate it in someone elses name this time.  How, you are probably wondering, well I'll tell you.  Whomever offers the largest donation for my hair, will be the one I donate it for.  So start your offers please. 

I will tell you I do not look great with short hair.  I have no idea what style either.  People from OLMA (my high school) will remember that I had long hair then too.  I never really know what to do with it.  Short hair certainly was alot of work last time I cut it.  I am hoping that I can find a style that will be easier.  Either way I am committed to donating my hair.  I just hope this inspires someone to donate money to Team for Kids.

Let me tell you more about "Lock of Love" to convince you.  Here is a little about them from their website:
"Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers."  Sounds wonderful doesnt it?  It is.  (Visit http://www.locksoflove.org/ for more information.)

So in a way this is a charity helping a charity.  Not bad.  Win win I would say.  So the count down begins.  I am cutting my hair one month from today.  So that would be Valentine's Day!  So give a little love and get a little love...by that I mean offer to donate the largest amount for my hair(and actually do so) and I will give a little love in your name on Valentine's Day.  I will post pictures if you are not close, so you know I am definately doing it. 

Please send your bids/donation amounts to me via email, fb or even post here.  I will go by the time stamp and let everyone know how wonderful you are.  As with all the donations, I/we are super grateful!  Like I said earlier I hope this will inspire someone to donate huge to Team for Kids and Locks of Love!!!  Thanks!

Oh and a little disclaimer...I am not writing this blog concentrating on my grammer and punctuation, so if I make mistakes please excuse them:).  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa, My daugter and I donated our hair 3 years ago and it was wonderful! Really a special thing. I don't think she will ever cut her hair that short again, but it was fun when we did it! Good luck!

    Christine Besso Parish

    ReplyDelete