Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Friday, January 28, 2011

Finding a Mantra

So I am under 300 days until the NYC Marathon and over $700 raised.  Still have alot to go, but I am staying confident.  The cupcake sale is coming up, so if you are local (if not feel free to move down here;)) please consider buying some for your valentine(s).  Thank you Aimee L for ordering already!  Also, February 14th is my hair donation day.  I have only had one offer.  The hair is going, so I'd love to donate it in your name. 

Okay enough of that business.  I have read several aritcles lately about having a mantra.  Not as easy as I'd hoped.  I did see a funny one during the OBX Half-marathon in November that Joe actually had put on my RoadID.  It was "Make pain your B**ch".  There were friends of a runner cheering her on at mile 11.  Pretty funny.  I am kind of a modest person though, so I have a hard time having a confident mantra.  I was raised that there is a fine line between confident and cocky, so it's a little difficult for me.  The pathetic part is that the mantra is all in your head.  You don't scream it while you are running.  So I guess that goes to my character that even in my mind I am considerate to others.  Weird huh! 

I saw another one that kind of goes back to some earlier posts.  It was "Define YOURSELF."  It's Deena Kastor's mantra (She won the 2005 Chicago Marathon and was the first American to win a marathon since 1994.).  So still no mantra.  What about "Run Strong.  Feel Power."  Not quite perfect.  Needs work.  Well, I'm open to suggestions. 

In the meantime, this weekend is 12 miles.  Bring it on!  That's not a bad mantra.  I am starting to wish I lived in a flat town;).  Oh and it's NHL All-Star Weekend in Raleigh!!  That's my other passion!  HOCKEY!  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment