Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Saturday, January 22, 2011

No More Nails

Since I/we need to raise alot more money, I was trying to figure out some ways to donate myself.  The actual cost of the New York trip is enough of sticker shock for anyone.  Let alone bringing four kids with you.  We already cut out Starbucks a long time ago, so I thought and thought.  And I came up with a solution. 

When I was younger I had acrylic nails and this past summer I decided to have them put on again.  I don't know why, well I guess I felt like I looked alot neater especially my nails.  I did like them.  I don't spend alot of money on myself.  I get my hair cut at Great Clips ($6.99 with a coupon) and I don't smoke or really drink.  Well, unless there's a redneck party ;).  So it was something special for me and it was quiet time alone too.  However, with trying to raise $5300, I realized it was kind of unjustified.  So I am now putting my $40 per month into my savings account, so we can donate it in one lump-sum.  The reason we are doing that is to get a company match from Joes work also.  I will have about $400 by October and then double that to $800 with company match.  Not bad right?

I just ask that you don't look at my nails.  Just teasing.  I will say I did a stupid thing though.  I ripped them off myself.  My fingers are so sore right now.  I saved more money though.  I am going to cheat a little.  I will squeeze in one pedicure at a cheap salon before May and flip flop season. 

Every little bit will help at this point.  I hope you can squeeze even $5 out of your budgets to help Team For Kids and us out!  Thanks for even just reading my blog.  I appreciate it.  Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment