Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Running

Today is a day I just cannot wait for spring.  I can't imagine how people in Alaska and New York even run year-round outside.  The temperature this morning was a wopping 18 degrees with the windchill.  I know that seems warm to some of my Yankee friends, but my blood has just thinned out.  It certainly doesn't help my motivation when it's 5am and time to get out of bed.  Yes, there are three days a week I get up that early to run.  It is not easy.  Especially when I keep thinking I am going to be sleep deprived and someone in my house is going to get sick.  Then I will be even more sleep deprived.  Can you tell I value my sleep?

I will tell you, however, that after I run, no matter how short, long, good or bad...I feel so much better having gotten my cold rear our of bed.  The hardest ones are the weekend long runs.  They are torture on a treadmil.  Yes, I am fortunate enough to have a gym membership.  Without it I would have slept in three more days this week ;).  So this weekend our long run is @10 miles and will be early and cold and outside.  I am not looking forward to parts of it.  The cold and the early....not my favorites.  However, I am looking forward to great conversation and the feeling afterwards. 

Brrrr...off to turn the heat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment