Our fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total so far: $5340

Our Fundraising Goal: $5240 Our Total as of today: $5500!!!







Can you belive it????



WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL!!!

And passed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



Who are we Fundraising for?....Team for Kids

For more information click on the "All About TEAM FOR KIDS" page tab or visit http://www.teamforkids.org/

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What we do

I promise we will not let you down.  We are running the marathon and are going to do it right.  Our only goal is to run the entire race.  We are not about being the fastest.  We are about what running has done for us both physicaly and spiritually.  It's an amazing feeling when you can go from barely running for 1 minute to being able to run 14 miles.  Just finishing any race is such an amazing feeling.  I can still remember when a 5K seemed impossible.  Now I am on a journey to 26.2. 

So I thought I'd tell you about how what our workout weeks are like.  Obviously, different things work for different people.  We do alot of consulting with people that have done this for years.  We are still learning so much.  We do not want to get hurt though.  So we work very hard, but within our limitations.  My, Melissa, current plan is Mondays are weight training (with my guru Tara) and Core class, Tuesdays are running(usually not more than @5 right now), Wednesdays are training and cycling, Thursdays are running(usually 5-6 miles) and weight training, Fridays are cycling and core, Saturdays or Sundays are long run days (8-14 miles right now with the other day as a rest day).  So you can see I keep myself pretty busy.  Joes schedule is similar, but he does more weight training and incorporates more core everyday(which I should do). 

In the midst of all of this, I am still working on the diet part.  We both count our calories pretty religiously using http://www.livestrong.com/ (it's free and I have the program on my phone too).  The hard part is our busy lives with kids and work.  I still am not very good at planning meals.  However, I just got a subscription to "Cooking Light" and am trying to plan my meals from that because it has portion and calorie counts right in it.  I'll keep you posted on how long that lasts because once it warms up we are outside so much and it gets harder to plan. 

So I guess that's it for now.  School is cancelled here today(the girls were tracked out anyway) because of ice, but we made ourselves get up early and get to the gym.  The roads are slippery, but if you drive slow they are okay.  We didn't have far to go though.  Stay warm and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment